Prevent the tragedy of getting stuck out on the water. Eliminate down time and weeks at the boat repair shop this season. Buy the best boat parts now. You will thank us with many trouble free days out on the water.
Properly maintaining your boat engine is important to the life of your motor. An essential part of proper maintenance is replacing parts with quality OEM boat parts. While the savings to buy aftermarket parts online may be tempting, it often will cost you more in the long run when your boat breaks down and needs further repairs.
A similar situation arises when you need to replace your outboard lower unit or outdrive. There are many options out there which can lead to pitfalls and end up costing you more money in the long run.
Here are mistakes you need to avoid when replacing your outdrive.
- Avoid replacing your outdrive or lower unit with a overseas aftermarket unit. You get what you pay for.
- Avoid buying a rebuilt unit with aftermarket parts. Again, you get what you pay for and you want quality parts in your drive.
- Avoid buying a used unit which has not been fully rebuilt. Without new internal parts, it will cause you trouble in the near future.
- Avoid purchasing any unit that has been in salt water
- Avoid units remanufactured by improperly trained mechanics
- Look for companies that offer a core exchange program to save you money
At USBoatworks we have you covered. You will not run into the troubles listed above when you shop with us. Our remanufactured lower units offer the following advantages:
- Offered at deep discounts to save you money
- Are rebuilt by trained mechanics in the USA
- Includes a full 1 year warranty
- Contain genuine OEM parts
- Built new to manufacturer specifications
- Include all internal parts & is fully compatible and interchangeable with OEM drives
- Core charges allow for recycling of your old unit*
- Usually ships in 24 hours
Call us or visit our gearcase replacement page for more information on replacing your outdrive.